After more than a century of perfecting the art of measurement through our durable weighing products, OHAUS precision is now available in a line of pen meters that provide accurate measurement of pH, oxidation-reduction potential (ORP), conductivity, salinity, and total dissolved solids (TDS). Starter pen meters are the economical option when you are simply looking for meters that will provide accurate measurement without restriction.
- Starter pen meters provide what should be expected of a small, economical pen meter: simple, fast, straightforward, no-frills operation time and time again.
- With durable ABS housing, a protective sensor cap, and automatic shutdown feature that preserves battery life, Starter pen meters can endure consistent use in rugged environments.
- Equipped with a wrist strap that helps prevent unintentional dropping, Starter pen meters are constructed with an IP67 waterproof design that can prevent water damage when dropped in to liquid.
- Accurate Electrochemistry Measurement At Your Fingertips.
- Liquid crystal display (LCD) display with secondary information line (on select models).
- Easily replaceable electrodes, automatic shut off feature after 6 minutes of non-use.
- Four 1.5V batteries (included).
- Working Environment: 50oF – 104oF, 85% RH, non-condensing (10oC – 40oC, 85% RH, non-condensing).
- 7.28 in x 1.5 in x 1.77 in (185 mm x 38 mm x 45 mm)
Please allow additional shipping time. Express shipping might not be available for this item.
||0.00–14 pH; 0.0–99.0 oC
||0.0–80.0 ppt; 0.0–99.0 oC
||-1000–1000 mV; 0.0–99.0 oC
This product will support your students' understanding of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)*, as shown in the table below.
Suggested Science Idea(s) 2-PS1-1
| Elementary || || Middle School || || High School |
| 2-PS1-1 |
Students can use OHAUS Pen Meter in an investigation to describe and classify different kinds of materials by their observable properties. 2-PS1-2
Students can gather data to analyze from an investigation where they use OHAUS Pen Meter to test different materials to determine which have the properties that are best suited for an intended purpose. 5-PS1-3
Students can use OHAUS Pen Meter to make observations and measurements to identify materials based on their properties.
| || MS-PS1-2 |
Students can use OHAUS Pen Meter in an investigation to analyze and interpret data on the properties of substances before and after the substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred DCI-MS/ETS1.B: Developing Possible Solutions.
A solution needs to be tested, and then modified based on test results in order to improve it.
| || HS-PS1-7 |
Students can use OHAUS Pen Meter to construct and revise an explanation for the outcome of a simple chemical reaction based on the outermost electron states of atoms, trends in the Periodic Table and knowledge of the patterns of chemical properties.
The OHAUS pen measures and meters accurate measurement of pH. Use with chemistry, environmental labs, or inquiry labs that need quick and easy pH readings 1-14.
* NGSS is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards were involved in the production of, and do not endorse, this product.